At CMN we are committed to provide students with the opportunity to put their education into practice. Our Summer Intern program is designed to give students a wide scope of experience and insight into the ag industry.
Throughout the 4-month internship the Summer Interns will get to: work on the operational & customer service side of an ag retail; get first-hand practice and knowledge of local agronomic trends & findings; support the Account Manager and Technical Agronomist; and dive into the sales process of our business. Having this broad experience will allow our Interns to get a variety of experience to help them navigate their future focus once they complete their education journey.
Support Ag Retail Operations:
Provide operational and customer support at the retail location by:
Ensuring the yard, equipment, and any buildings at CMN’s are keep clean and free of hazards.
• Preparing and complete orders for delivery/transfer or pickup. Assist with blending fertilizer and follow inventory control processes.
• Unloading materials and product safely and promptly from delivery trucks, and properly place them in the warehouse and yard area.
• Safely operate a forklift to move, unload and load product.
• Ensuring a high level of customer service is met when serving our customers.
• Being active and adhering to our Health, Safety & Environment policies, and procedures at CMN.
CMN Intern Program & Agronomy Initiatives:
• Regularly scout customers fields and record weed, insect, disease, and other observations.
• Record and document field findings in AgConnexion.
• Work with Account Managers to analyze field observations and review product/service plan that aligns with the growers needs.
• Assist the CMN Trial Committee with field days and ongoing monitoring of plots.
• Work with our Technical Agronomist to drive CMN agronomy initiatives, communicate innovative products and present local findings/results to the Account Manager team.
• Meet objectives of CMN Intern Program.
• REQUIRED: Students attending/pursuing who are enrolled/pursuing agricultural programs, business programs or other education related to working in the agricultural industry.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Self-driven to coordinate daily activities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible schedule and available to work Saturdays and overtime hours during busy seasons.
• Valid class 5 driver's licence.
• Able to operate a forklift and tractor (training provided)
• Must be able to use applicable computer systems
• Ability to meet the company’s policy requirements by completing a criminal background check, and drivers abstract
• Obtain First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG & Forklift Training
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal